Growing With Jesus Christ
From the PASTOR to You:
My friend, brother and sister, welcome into God’s family today! For it is written,
“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God.” -John 1:12 (NJKV)
Also it says,
“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.” -Romans 8:16 (NJKV)
From today, you are no longer a stranger to God. It is therefore my earnest prayer that you grow closer to our wonderful Lord Jesus; and also experience His blessings and love each day of your life.
In order for your new relationship with Jesus Christ to grow, it is very important that you:
- Read a portion of the Bible each day.[Start with these – 1 Peter 1:3-25; 1 Peter 2:1-10; Acts 2:1-47; John 1:1-34; Romans 8:12-17; 1 John 5:1-13; 1 John 1:1-4; Hebrews 10:11-25]
- Spend some time praying and worshipping the Lord each day. Prayer is talking sincerely and honestly with God [John 14:13-14; John 15:16]. You develop a relationship with a friend by spending time with that individual – talking to them and getting to know them. Jesus Christ has become your eternal friend. Get to know Him just as you would know a friend in the natural.
- Find and join a local Church. Where Jesus Christ is exalted as Savior and Lord and also where the Bible is taught as the Word of God. [1 Corinthians 2:1-5; Psalm 92:13; Hebrews 10:25]
- Tell others about your new relationship with Jesus Christ. It is natural to talk about good things that happen to us in life. You will have opportunities to tell your family and friends about what Jesus Christ has done in your life. [Mark 5:19; John 4:28-30; Mark 16:15]
- Fellowship with Christian friends who will help you grow as a Christian. Spend time with friends who love the Lord as you do and that will help you understand and know Jesus better. [Proverbs 12:26; Proverbs 22:24-25; Proverbs 27:17; Proverbs 13:20; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 1 Corinthians 6:17-20; 1 Corinthians 15:33-34]